What’s the purpose of a daily meeting?
- Synchronization (not problem solving)
What makes an effective daily meeting?
- Stand up. Yes, really.
- Same time and place every day.
- Start and end on time (7-12 minutes should be plenty), even if people are late (you can fine people $10/minute for being late to really drive this home, and generate some money for your favorite charity)
- Rotate facilitation. You’ll all learn something from the different styles.
- Same agenda every time. Here’s a suggestion:
- What’s up?
- When conversations start to get too deep, facilitator steps in with “take that up offline” or something that works in your culture.
I’ve written more about daily huddles here:
Also, here’s the full Meeting Rhythm I Recommend.